The Mount Shasta Avalanche Center (MSAC) was founded in 1999 and is operated as a partnership between the Shasta Trinity National Forest and the community based nonprofit 501(c)(3) Friends of the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center (FMSAC). FMSAC was created in 2002 as a grassroots endeavor to sustain our local avalanche center. We strive to keep safe those that find their soul in the freedom of our mountains. We envision a well-informed community of backcountry users that safely push their boundaries. Our mission is to enrich the Mount Shasta Area backcountry experience by providing professional forecasting, real-time information, and avalanche safety training.
- We provide funding, effort, and equipment towards sustaining the Shasta Trinity National Forest Mount Shasta Avalanche Center.
- We maintain a central hub for dependable information used to make smart decisions in the backcountry.
- We make avalanche safety training opportunities accessible to everyone.
- We organize fundraising events to bring our community of backcountry users together to celebrate and support common purpose.
- We advocate for our local backcountry users, land management agencies, and businesses.
- We represent the soul of adventure and passion for backcountry mountain recreation in the greater Mount Shasta area.
Friends of the Mt. Shasta Avalanche Center
PO Box 1235
Mt. Shasta, CA 96067