How Can You Support The Mount Shasta Avalanche Center?
Join the Friends of the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center Today!
The Mount Avalanche Center and Friends of the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center are gearing up for this winter season with avalanche education workshops, clinics and community events—and we hope you will support our efforts by becoming a new or renewing member.
The Mount Shasta Avalanche Center (MSAC) was founded in 1999 and is operated as a partnership between the Shasta Trinity National Forest and the community based nonprofit 501(c)3 Friends of the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center (FMSAC). FMSAC was created in 2002 as a grassroots endeavor to sustain our local avalanche center, and to keep safe those that find their soul in the freedom of our mountains.
Our mission is to enrich the Mount Shasta Area backcountry experience by providing professional forecasting, real-time information, and avalanche safety training.
- Professional avalanche and weather information for whatever your backcountry adventure may be
- Free avalanche safety training
- Avalanche forecasts sent to your email
- Member-only prizes and giveaways
- Admission price discounts on FMSAC film events
All donations go The Friends of The Mount Shasta Avalanche Center (FMSAC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization partnered with the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. Our operation depends on donations. Please consider making a tax deductible donation in support of the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center. Thank you!
What We Do
- Together with the Shasta-Trinity National Forest we provide funding, effort, and equipment towards operating the Mount Shasta Avalanche Center.
- Help the MSAC provide avalanche education presentations and companion rescue clinics, including new programs targeted specifically at motorized and youth backcountry user groups.
- Develop and maintain the MSAC website for year round backcountry recreation safety information.
- Fund remote weather stations to collect real-time weather data used by our forecasters, posted on the avalanche.org.
- Maintain public avalanche interpretive area in the Old Ski Bowl on Mt Shasta.
- Help fund MSAC forecasters’ professional development opportunities and an avalanche education training fund for community members.
- Fund information and forecast road signage on popular backcountry access roads.
- We also host fun community events!
The Snow Ball
The Snow Ball is a community tradition and celebration of the winter backcountry recreation season. It is also one of our biggest fundraising events. Every year we build on the success of prior years to make each new event bigger and better. It is an event open to all ages, with live music, dancing, food & beverages, a silent auction and HUGE gear raffles. View our Event Calendar to find out dates and times of this year's event.
Mount Shasta Ascension Race
This backcountry ski race attracts all levels of competitors: from serious to fun, young to old, and includes categories for both skiers and snowboarders. Hosted by the Mount Shasta Ski Park, it is a full day of activities that include prizes, gear demos, rescue clinics, and a whole lot of fun. In addition to in-kind donations and event sponsors, we are looking for company representatives to display and demo their products. View our Event Calendar to find out dates and times of this year's event.
Backcountry Film and Speaker Series
Each year we host inspiring backcountry oriented fundraiser film and guest speaker events. The films we host range from independent filmmakers, to festival film tours, to major industry superstars. We also host guest speaker events showcasing professional athletes and adventurers. We use these events to fundraise, but they also build community stoke, educate, and entertain.
Website and event sponsorship opportunities are also available. Contact email@example.com for details.
Print out the Membership Form & mail your donation to
PO Box 1235
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
Product Donation Shipping Address:
Mt. Shasta Avalanche Center and Wilderness Dept.
Mt. Shasta Ranger Station
Shasta-Trinity National Forest
204 West Alma Street
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
Your donation is tax deductible. FMSAC's tax id # is 51-0620242. Thank you for your continued support, MSAC cannot operate without you!