You are here
Location Name:Near Sunbowl
Date and time of observation:Tue, 12/18/2018 - 2:00pm
Observation made by:Professional Observer
Red Flags:Recent loading by new snow, wind, or rain
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 6.2616" N, 122° 13' 3.8244" W
Notable conditions on tour from Bunny Flat to lower Sunbowl:
- Height of new snow in last 12 hours (HN12): 5 cm (2 in).
- Height of new snow since Sunday (HN48): 32-38 cm (12-14 in).
- Temperature trend: warming.
- Above treeline, moderate SW winds transporting snow.
- Slope cuts yielded no results (SCN).
- Soft (F+ hardness) 20 cm (8 in) wind slab atop impenetrable ice layer on easterly aspect of lower Sunbowl:
- Very little cohesion in slab.
- Could be a concern if hard wind slab forms on top.
Cloud Cover:100% of the sky covered by clouds
Accumulation rate:Less than 1 in. per hour
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Warming