You are here
Anaconda and Giddy area Snowpack Observation
Date and time of observation:Mon, 12/03/2018 - 1:00pm
Observation made by:Public
Red Flags:Recent loading by new snow, wind, or rain
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 54.9012" N, 122° 13' 41.736" W
Toured up Giddy Giddy Gulch to Annaconda. Quick pit dug in Annaconda. Saw the following conditions:
- Wind affected snow in upper elevations ~ above 9000'
- Low density snow in sheltered aspects and near trees
- Height of snow 60-120cm at ~9000'
- Calm winds with little blowing snow
- Rocks and obstacles hidden in snow pack
Air temperature:Above Freezing
Air temperature trend:Warming