You are here
Location Name:Mount Shasta
Date and time of observation:Thu, 04/14/2022 - 4:00pm
Observation made by:Climbing Ranger
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 21' 14.8824" N, 122° 14' 0.1392" W
4.14.22 Bunny Flat at 1530 hours
- 8-10 inches of fresh snow over the past 24 hours
- BTL- calm
- NTL/ATL - WSW - Avg-15/G-35 mph
- Road plowed to Bunny Flat, free and clear of snow
- 5 cars
- No climbers on mountain, no recent reports
- Remember that the mountain was essentially snow free below 9,000 feet before the storm. Take a look at any of our past observations to get an idea of where snow remained. Skiers should be aware of hidden rocks under the new snow, anywhere on the mountain. The east side (Hotlum/Wintun area) hosts the best skiing conditions, but access is 10+ miles out. Snowmobile or a long walk is required.
- The new snow will extend mileage for previous trailhead access information for Clear Creek and Brewer. The northside is likely similar, ~.5 miles.
- Water available at Horse Camp and restrooms are open. It is required to pack out your human waste elsewhere in the Mt Shasta Wilderness.
Air temperature trend: