You are here
Ash Creek Butte
Location Name:Ash Creek Butte
Region:East of Mt Shasta
Date and time of observation:Tue, 12/11/2018 - 9:00am
Observation made by:Professional Observer
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 27' 12.078" N, 121° 59' 38.9832" W
Some observations on a quick reconnaissance of Ash Creek Butte:
- Road is graded and plowed for logging trucks on the eastern side (see map). Not recommended for snowmobilers due to active logging trucks.
- Enough snow on road 19 for snowmobile access on the western side (see map).
- Coverage is similar to Mount Shasta with snow heights up to 30 inches.
- A thin breakable sun crust can be found in sun exposed areas.
- Pilgrim Creek snowmobile park has no usable snow.
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static