You are here
Conditions on the northeast side of Mount Shasta in the Brewer Creek area:
- Plan on mostly bare road 5 miles in on Military Pass Road (Road 19). This is the best place to park. See map below.
- Next 4 miles along access roads to Brewer Creek Trailhead have some exposed dirt, but mostly continuous snow. After this, snow is continuous. See map below.
- Height of Snow (HS):
- 6,480 ft: 130 cm (51 in)
- 7,320 ft (Trailhead): 145 cm (57 in)
- 8,200 ft: 80 cm (31 in).
- 8,800 ft: 200 cm (79 in)
- Height of Storm Snow (HST)
- Below Treeline: 20 cm (8 in)
- Above Treeline: 7 cm (3 in)
The northeast side of Mount Shasta has around 20 cm (8 in) of new, low density snow above 6,400 ft up to near treeline zones. New snow thins out (2-3 inches) as you transition above treeline. Depth of the snowpack varies depending on exposure to wind. Lower elevations have more snow than mid-elevations (145 cm vs. 80 cm).
No signs of instability were seen.