You are here
Castle Lake area still struggling...
Location Name:Castle Lake area still struggling...
Date and time of observation:Wed, 03/14/2018 - 8:30pm
Observation made by:Forecaster
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 13' 58.4688" N, 122° 22' 23.682" W
- Lake frozen with soft edges
- Snowpack still not usable.
- 2 to 4 inches of new storm snow fell on top of the old, rotten, rain soaked snowpack.
- One to two feet of snow on the ground, numerous rocks and brush obstacles showing
- A few small point releases off Middle Peak
- Continuing to troubleshoot weather station connectivity
- Snow flurries mixed with sunny donut holes brought intermittent new snow accumulation that melted as fast as it fell.
- 1 inch new snow on top of rotten, old snow
Cloud Cover:75% of the sky covered by clouds
Accumulation rate:Less than 1 in. per hour
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Cooling