You are here
Conditions Above Treeline
Location Name:Lower Casaval Ridge SW to 9,000 Feet and Avalanche Gulch
Date and time of observation:Mon, 01/21/2019 - 12:21pm
Observation made by:Forecaster
Windy and cold conditions were felt on the mountain yesterday.
Current snow conditions include:
- Supportable crust near and above treeline with pockets of smooth, dry powder.
- Wind affected snow near and above treeline from steady wind and strong gusts over the past 24 hours.
- Blowing snow visible on ridges, locally gusty conditions.
- Dry, chalky, hard wind textured snow above 8,000 feet.
- Ridgelines scoured with heavy rime and ice plastered to exposed areas. (see picture below)
Cloud Cover:25% of the sky covered by clouds
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static