You are here
Conditions in Avalanche Gulch
Location Name:Avalanche Gulch
Date and time of observation:Fri, 11/30/2018 - 11:00am
Observation made by:Public
Red Flags:Recent loading by new snow, wind, or rain
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 9.7644" N, 122° 13' 30.1476" W
Ski tour up avalanche gulch saw the following conditions:
- Wind affected snow in open areas, ridge tops, and on westerly facing ridges.
- Low density snow deposits in gullies and wind sheltered areas.
- Strong NW winds transporting snow near and above treeline.
- Height of Snow: 85-100 cm (34-40 in).
- ECTP3 ↓ 5cm. 4F wind slab failing on 20 cm of F hard snow.
Cloud Cover:25% of the sky covered by clouds
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static