You are here
Conditions on the South Side
Location Name:Avalanche Gulch, Old Ski Bowl, Bunny Flat
Date and time of observation:Sat, 02/29/2020 - 2:00pm
Observation made by:Public
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 23.772" N, 122° 12' 6.0588" W
General conditions on the south side of Mount Shasta:
- Height of snow (HS): 150-170 cm (60-67 in).
- Widespread pockmarks on snow surface.
- Snow firm with no boot penetration.
- Dirt on snow in places.
- Cat track ruts in Old Ski Bowl. Snowmobilers beware.
- Upper and Lower Sand Flat trails still have enough snow for recreating.
Cloud Cover:100% of the sky covered by clouds
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static