You are here
Conditions on the Upper Mountain
Moderate east winds were keeping snow surfaces firm above treeline. Near and below treeline, it was mixed - firm, soft but thin, icy, sloppy. Finding consistency was hard.
Days of pummeling winds have scoured the upper mountain. Climbing routes are thin and pasted with dirt and fallen rocks. Sargent's Ridge is almost devoid of snow.
- Observation Location: Green Butte Ridge
- Elevation: 8,200 ft
- Date: 20210301
- Time: 1300
- Observer: Aaron Beverly
- Sky Conditions: Few (FEW)
- Current Precipitation: Type - NO
- Air Temperature: 32 °F
- Surface Penetration: Ski penetration (PS) = 0 - 3 in
- Wind Direction: E
- Wind Speed: Moderate (M), 17-25 mi/hr