You are here
Location Name:Etna Summit, Klamath National Forest
Region:Outside of the Forecast Area
Date and time of observation:Fri, 03/20/2020 - 8:30am
Observation made by:Public
Red Flags:Recent loading by new snow, wind, or rain
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 23' 12.2784" N, 122° 58' 33.6756" W
03.20.2020 - Etna Summit area
- The road to Etna Summit (Sawyers Bar Road) is plowed.
- South aspects host a shallow snowpack, though just deep enough for accessing north-facing terrain.
- A variety of snow textures exists; breakable sun crusts, cold powder, hot sticky snow, and firm icy patches.
- Some small point release loose dry sluffs were encountered on steep terrain (over 40 degrees).
- It was a sunny and calm morning with no wind.
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Warming