You are here
Green Butte Ridge
Green Butte Ridge Dec. 30, 2020
- Observation Location: Green Butte Ridge, just above treeline
- Elevation: 8,461 ft
- Date: 2020-12-30
- Time: 11:30
- Observer: Scott Ward
- Sky Conditions: Overcast, cloudy
- Current Precipitation: Intermittent snow
- Air Temperature: 32 F
- Surface Penetration: ?
- Total Snow Depth (HS): Not measured
- 24-hour New Snow Depth (HN24): NA
- 24-hour New Snow Water Equivalent (HN24W): NA
- Wind Direction: N - NE
- Wind Speed: Calm
Wind scour on south-westerly section of Green Butte Ridge at ~8,500 ft exposes visible rock hazards. Rock hazards, hard snow or thin ice-covered snow was observed in spots. More south-easterly sections of the ridge show wind load and cornice formation.
Cloudy with intermittent snow showers.