You are here
Lower Casaval Ridge (Giddy Giddy, Gulch)
Location Name:Lower Casaval Ridge (Giddy Giddy, Gulch)
Date and time of observation:Sun, 12/08/2019 - 1:00pm
Observation made by:Forecaster
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 40.3212" N, 122° 13' 36.0408" W
Clear blue skies were found above 7,500 to 8,000 feet on Mount Shasta. A thick cloud layer blanketed everything below.
Significant observations from today:
- The height of snow is 42 inches at 8,400 feet on a west aspect skier's right side of Giddy Giddy Gulch.
- Minimal wind effect. Smooth surface snow textures.
- Ski penetration was 3 to 6 inches. Boot Penetration was 13 inches.
- New snow is right side up, ranging from fist (F) to 4 finger hard over a thick rain crust 24 inches down.
- Roller balls south facing aspects were observed
No signs of instability
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Warming