You are here
Old Ski Bowl
Location Name:Old Ski Bowl
Date and time of observation:Mon, 03/16/2020 - 1:30pm
Observation made by:Public
Whumphing noises, shooting cracks, or collapsing
Recent loading by new snow, wind, or rain
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 21' 59.6124" N, 122° 11' 12.9732" W
Observations from the Old Ski Bowl 2020/03/16 @ 1:30 p.m.:
- Height of storm snow (HST): 43 cm (17 in).
- Moderate winds loading southwest and west slopes.
- Depth of new wind loaded snow: 91 cm (36 in).
- Shooting cracks propagating up to 5 meters (15 feet) indicating a developing wind slab problem.
- Ridge lines becoming scoured to old snow.
Cloud Cover:100% of the sky covered by clouds
Accumulation rate:Less than 1 in. per hour
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static