You are here
Snow Survey - Deadfall Lakes
Location Name:Deadfall Lakes
Date and time of observation:Tue, 02/25/2020 - 1:00pm
Observation made by:Forecaster
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 19' 11.5968" N, 122° 30' 11.9124" W
Snow survey at Deadfall Lakes near Mount Eddy saw the following conditions:
- South facing aspects mostly devoid of snow.
- Height of snow on northerly facing and in sun/wind protected areas: 40-60 inches (102-155 cm).
- Average snow water equivalent (SWE) in snow pack: 13.6.
- F and 4F density snow down 2 in (5 cm) and 15 cm (6 in) below P-K layers of snow, though no notable compression test failures.
- Continuous snow on Road 42N17 starts 5 miles up from Stewart Springs. Road mostly devoid of snow until then.
Air temperature:Above Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static