You are here
Location Name:Avalanche Gulch/Green Butte/Sargents Ridge
Date and time of observation:Thu, 12/26/2019 - 1:30pm
Observation made by:Forecaster
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 22' 54.138" N, 122° 12' 30.9996" W
- Clear, chilly and windless conditions were experienced yesterday.
- Light, easterly winds have shifted to the northwest at 2300 hours last night, blowing 20-30 mi/hr, gusting to 40-50 mi/hr into this morning.
- Six to twelve inches of poorly bonded, low density snow exists on top of the 12/19 ice crust.
- Exposed rock features in alpine terrain are crusted in rime ice.
- Generally smooth snow surfaces have been observed; some wind affect in Avalanche Gulch and near ridgelines.
- Well developed surface hoar observed below treeline in protected, low lying areas.
- No recent avalanches or other red flags of avalanche danger
Air temperature:Below Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static