You are here
SW Lower Casaval ridge to 9800'
Toured up to 3K (9800') near top of Giddy Giddy Gulch. Saw the following conditions:
- New storm snow 5cm-10cm(2-4in) near the cabin.
- Evidence of previous winds.
- Small drifts forming on leeward side of ridges.
- Wind effected snow above tree line.
- New snow with variable old snow textures mix below 8000'.
- Ski pen of 3-12 cm (1-5 in) above 8000'.
Skies remained obscured below 6000ft-8000ft for the morning and early afternoon. Surface snow beginning to change especially on south facing slopes. Sunny conditions were observed for morning and early afternoon. Winds were calm out of the NW with some small gusts in upper elevations.