You are here
Tri-Forest Snowmobile Trails - General Conditions
Location Name:Little Mount Hoffman / Medicine Lake / Little Glass Mountain
Region:East of Mt Shasta
Date and time of observation:Mon, 03/12/2018 - 8:00pm
Observation made by:Professional Observer
96067 Mount Shasta , CA
United States41° 34' 43.4172" N, 121° 39' 29.7468" W
- Continuous snow coverage along Pilgrim Creek Road starts about 5 miles past Pilgrim Creek Snowmobile Park. Expect thin, sparse, but usable coverage until the Trout Creek turnoff.
- Groomed and ungroomed trails are easy to ride.
- Height of snow (HS) along roads vary from 10-65 cm (4-26 in) with deepest snow near Pumice Stone Mountain, Little Glass Mountain, Little Mount Hoffman, and Medicine Lake. Snow depth on Little Mount Hoffman ranged from 45-165 cm (18-65 in).
- Roller balls and small point releases observed on steep sun exposed aspects.
- Surface snow was moist to wet with up to 20 cm boot penetration.
Cloud Cover:75% of the sky covered by clouds
Air temperature:Above Freezing
Air temperature trend:Static