You are here
Variable conditions on Broadway Ridge to 8,000 feet
Notable conditions on tour from Bunny Flat to lower Sunbowl, Broadway ridge to 8,100 feet:
- Temperature trend: warming.
- Warm temperatures and calm winds.
- Snow was melting and falling from trees.
- P hardness breakable crust with F hardness snow under.
- 13-15 inches (35-40cm) of snow above the 20181214 rain crust.
- Ski pen: 4-6 inches (10-15cm)
- Difficult skiing conditions due to variable snow and breakable crust.
Warm temperatures were observed this afternoon. This allowed the trees to shed most of the snow they have been holding. At times the dripping trees seemed like a moderate rain especially close to Bunny Flat. Skies were mostly clear with some lingering low clouds out of the west.